About The Artist

My photo
I am a jeweler, a potter...an artist I suppose. I have been creating hemp, glass bead and wire jewelry since 1996 but have only been throwing pottery since the Spring of 2008. I plan to open my own gallery and workshop within the next five years but for now I make my work out of my home and sell in galleries and online. I sell my work to feed my hobby and because I am running out of room for my creations in the house. My art, like this blog, is in it's beginning stages and I hope that as my reader you will join me in my journey as an artist and enjoy it as much as I know I will!

Sunday, February 15, 2009

Organization is Good for the Soul

Just wanted to share with everyone a picture of the new set up in my home-office.


I had some furniture in the living room that wasn't being put to use so I moved this shelf into my office and now have a place for all my finished pottery pieces while they wait to find a home! I love being able to display my pieces and, being a neat freak, I love the organization it brings to my office. I've decided a little organization is good for the soul...or my soul at least.

And a quick update, I have several planned projects that I hope to start this week, probably tomorrow or Tuesday night after work. One is a special order I'm doing for my old college friend, Sam, and the other is a Sand and Sea Turtle bowl for my old college buddy Brandon, as a house warming gift. He's moving to Florida in March and wants to decorate with a beach theme so I thought my design would fit right in! As for Sam's piece, its going to be a totally unique project and I LOVE the idea so I don't want to jinx it by writing about it too soon. Once I have the finished piece you all will get pictures and the whole story behind it so just be patient.
Also, I sold my little Sand and Sea Crab bowl to my aunt Lori in Florida. She saw a photo of it on Facebook and bought it for a friend of hers who saw the picture and loved it! I'm so excited it found a good home, and so soon after its Facebook debut!

Hope all is well with everyone and thanks for reading!

No comments: