About The Artist

My photo
I am a jeweler, a potter...an artist I suppose. I have been creating hemp, glass bead and wire jewelry since 1996 but have only been throwing pottery since the Spring of 2008. I plan to open my own gallery and workshop within the next five years but for now I make my work out of my home and sell in galleries and online. I sell my work to feed my hobby and because I am running out of room for my creations in the house. My art, like this blog, is in it's beginning stages and I hope that as my reader you will join me in my journey as an artist and enjoy it as much as I know I will!

Thursday, May 13, 2010

I Guess This is a Permanent Arrangement...

After surviving my third tax season, I have accepted the fact that from January to April of every year I will drop off the face of the blogging planet in order to work over time at GK. I hope you, my readers, can forgive me. However, it is now officially summer and tax season ended a month ago on Saturday so I figure now is as good a time as any to get back into my art.
I have decided that I will start by going to the Open Studio Tour for the Kenilworth Artists Association. I've never been before but someone left a brochure for the event in the lunch room at the office and I thought it looked great. So next weekend I will be riding around the Kenilworth studios in search of a little inspiration!





I will then begin work in my home studio once more. This summer my goals are to get my kiln in working order, make more snap-on charm jewelry with jewelry boxes and find at least one more gallery where I can sell my pottery.
Check back for updates on my progress and thanks for you patience!

No comments: