About The Artist

My photo
I am a jeweler, a potter...an artist I suppose. I have been creating hemp, glass bead and wire jewelry since 1996 but have only been throwing pottery since the Spring of 2008. I plan to open my own gallery and workshop within the next five years but for now I make my work out of my home and sell in galleries and online. I sell my work to feed my hobby and because I am running out of room for my creations in the house. My art, like this blog, is in it's beginning stages and I hope that as my reader you will join me in my journey as an artist and enjoy it as much as I know I will!

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Fanning an Old Flame...

I wanted to announce that I am getting back into jewelry making, my first love. My boyfriend loves my jewelry work and he inspired me! See, Tenzie often finds things he wants made into charms like arrowheads, sharks teeth, bullets, etc. and instead of making him 20 some necklaces, one for each charm, I had the idea (a while ago) to make him charms and attach them to snaps. I put all the charms on male-end snaps and put the female-end on a necklace so he can change the charm any time he wants. I have made him several different necklaces with the snaps too, so he can change out the necklace as well. He has a tan and brown one, a bright green one, etc.
Well the other night I was in Tenzie's apartment and saw that all of his charms were just thrown into a desk drawer and one had even broken and I thought about how he could keep them all together. So, I am going to buy him a nice wooden box and put female-end snaps in the lid of the box where he can keep all of his charms and he can put his necklaces in the bottom of the box! Its a perfect little gift idea and now I want to make them and sell them! I figure I'll buy boxes that are wide enough to fit maybe six charms but sell them with three and one necklace and then sell different necklaces and charms separate. I really think people will like to give them as gifts and then keep giving charms and necklaces to add to the collection.
I want to start making clay beads too, to bring both of my loves together. So with this idea I will make clay pendants and attach them to snaps. I can make them for men and women and I really think they will be a big hit! I'm so excited!

Here are pictures of Tenzie's necklaces and charms in the box I made for him:

Necklace with charmed snapped on


Necklace with charm unsnapped

Male end on the necklace, female end on the charm


No comments: