About The Artist

My photo
I am a jeweler, a potter...an artist I suppose. I have been creating hemp, glass bead and wire jewelry since 1996 but have only been throwing pottery since the Spring of 2008. I plan to open my own gallery and workshop within the next five years but for now I make my work out of my home and sell in galleries and online. I sell my work to feed my hobby and because I am running out of room for my creations in the house. My art, like this blog, is in it's beginning stages and I hope that as my reader you will join me in my journey as an artist and enjoy it as much as I know I will!

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Update On the Odyssey...And a Few Other Things

Quick update: I went back to the Odyssey yesterday to sort everything out, fill out some important forms and what-not. I spoke with Dawn in the office and when I explained to her my situation she knew right away which RA I dealt with Saturday. Turns out the guy's new and doesn't quite know the ropes yet so I'm feeling better about my first experience there knowing the full situation.
Dawn sent me to Bob yesterday who showed me how to fill out a firing form and walked me through the whole process. Its really easy and I feel pretty comfortable with everything now. He was the one who ended up loading all of my pieces into a kiln and he helped me estimate their measurements since I hadn't written them down Saturday.
I won't be going back until next Monday because of the holiday but I will be picking up my bisque pieces and bringing in more green ware for firing then. I would show you pictures of my latest work but its all Christmas presents and my family reads the blog occasionally so I don't want to spoil any surprises. They are awesome though and as long as they survive their firings, I am finally finished with Christmas gifts! Of course I said this over a month ago and have since needed to re-create at least half a dozen pieces so, once again, I'm probably speaking too soon. Oh well. Just keeping my fingers crossed that these pieces survive.

That's it for now! Tonight I'll be making some jewelry and will write a short blog and show photos. I made one awesome necklace the other night and plan to make at least two more this evening and put them on Etsy so check back soon!

No comments: