About The Artist

My photo
I am a jeweler, a potter...an artist I suppose. I have been creating hemp, glass bead and wire jewelry since 1996 but have only been throwing pottery since the Spring of 2008. I plan to open my own gallery and workshop within the next five years but for now I make my work out of my home and sell in galleries and online. I sell my work to feed my hobby and because I am running out of room for my creations in the house. My art, like this blog, is in it's beginning stages and I hope that as my reader you will join me in my journey as an artist and enjoy it as much as I know I will!

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

New Pieces on Etsy!

Last night I went to pick up my pieces in Waynesville and was really disappointed to find only five sale items and two Christmas gifts had been fired and I hated how most of them turned out. One of my Christmas gifts is even ruined because the glaze was so thick its cracking off! I also used this new blue that had been mixed up and it runs really badly when fired. It covered up details on some of my pieces and made one teapot stick to the kiln. I was really upset, feeling like the glazes I had chosen ruined my work. When I brought them home though my roommate, David, made me feel better. He looked at my turtle mug which I said looks like someone puked on it and he called it a "Swamp Turtle" mug. This got me looking at the snake mug and I decided to call it "Water Snake" because the blue running over the snake looks like water. Soon my pieces all took on some kind of water theme and I was in a much better mood. So I photographed my work and listed five new items on Etsy this morning. Check them out:

Sand and Sea Turtle Bowl


Water Snake Clay Mate Mug


Swamp Turtle Clay Mate Mug

Milk and Cookie Mouse Clay Mate


Soup and Cracker Bowl (crackers not included)


So there are my new pieces! To see more photos, check out Etsy page!

No comments: