About The Artist

My photo
I am a jeweler, a potter...an artist I suppose. I have been creating hemp, glass bead and wire jewelry since 1996 but have only been throwing pottery since the Spring of 2008. I plan to open my own gallery and workshop within the next five years but for now I make my work out of my home and sell in galleries and online. I sell my work to feed my hobby and because I am running out of room for my creations in the house. My art, like this blog, is in it's beginning stages and I hope that as my reader you will join me in my journey as an artist and enjoy it as much as I know I will!

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Before and After Shots

I posted photos a while back of unfinished pieces and thought it would be fun to show some before and after shots of the work now that I have the pieces glazed.

This is the lidded jar with the snake handle. I wasn't too happy with it at first but once I got it glazed and painted the snake, I think it turned out really well!

















Here is the snake mug that's small but has a great design. I mixed some glazes and they ran a bit but I like the green and black I ended up with (though it was supposed to be green and blue).













Here is my first gecko! I loved the piece when it was green ware and I still really like it glazed, its so bright! I think the purple was a good choice, though I wish it had gone on a bit smoother.

















And finally, my little turtle bowl! I loved him from the start and was upset when he came out of the glaze firing all patchy green. So once I started experimenting with the acrylic paints and liking the results, I decided to paint him!













So these are my before and after pieces! I love how they all turned out and I really like the comparison, I think I'll try to this more often.

No comments: