About The Artist

My photo
I am a jeweler, a potter...an artist I suppose. I have been creating hemp, glass bead and wire jewelry since 1996 but have only been throwing pottery since the Spring of 2008. I plan to open my own gallery and workshop within the next five years but for now I make my work out of my home and sell in galleries and online. I sell my work to feed my hobby and because I am running out of room for my creations in the house. My art, like this blog, is in it's beginning stages and I hope that as my reader you will join me in my journey as an artist and enjoy it as much as I know I will!

Monday, December 15, 2008

When It Rains, It Pours




I recently collected a massive amount of new work, thankfully many are Christmas gifts. I do have some work I will list on Etsy though, check out my new pottery:












The first mug was glazed with a matte black glaze I experimented with, glazed over a matte green. I painted the snake with metallic acrylic paint. I think its a fun piece and my roomie David says its a very comfortably shaped mug.
I did another Sand and Sea Turtle bowl and used a technique I learned at the Dillsboro pottery festival a while back. After throwing the bowl you slice away pieces of the rim and then spin the bowl and smooth the edges with a sponge. I think it kind of looks like waves so I thought it was fitting for the design.
I did a bowl with a turtle and glass but no sand, just to mix things up a little bit. I'm really liking the metallic green paint on the turtles too, in case you couldn't tell.
I did a lidded jar a while back and it ended up taking on the appearance of a mushroom so I went with it. I let Michaela glaze it the bright colors and I think its fun.

I recreated my turtle bowl to make sure I could do it but it looks very different from my original. I don't think I like the new one as much, but he's still cute.













And finally, I got back my other Frog Jar! Isn't he adorable? He has legs and a tongue! I LOVE him!



So those are the new pottery pieces, now here's the jewelry:












I went a little bottle cap crazy but all of my bottle cap pieces have sold at Pura-Vida so I figured I should go with what works.


















So that's the new work! Thanks for taking the time to check it out and if you want to see more photos or are interested in buying, check out my Etsy site!

No comments: